Welcome to one of the most beautiful and secluded areas of Wicksteed Park.
The first part of the Memorial Garden, originally known as the Rose Garden, was opened in 1924, the year after the first part of the Pavilion had been constructed. This continued in 1925 and very quickly became a major attraction for the Park, providing many hours of quiet and relaxing times for its visitors.
The gardens later had a memorial added in recognition of Charles Wicksteed's favourite dog 'Jerry' and this now takes pride of place as it overlooks the gardens.
The Memorial Gardens are an important attraction to the Park and because of their beauty, are the popular location for many wedding photographs.
The bedding plants are changed on at least 3 occasions throughout each year, regularly changing the colours of the area. At the height of the summer months, it is a quiet sun trap with the lovely scent of flowers drifting across the gardens, welcoming its guests to what is a magical and beautiful area of the Park.